2 Tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, minced fine
3/4 pound Linguine, Cooked and drained
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen peas
Italian parsley, for garnish
1. In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil. Add garlic and cook until tender. Add prosciutto and sauté until cooked through. (You can fry until crisp if you prefer.) Remove from heat.
2. Cook linguine in a large pot, according to package directions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Return skillet with cooked garlic and prosciutto to low heat.
4. Stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth and Parmesan cheese to the prosciutto. Stir and allow to thicken about 4 or 5 minutes. Add pasta and peas and toss gently to heat throughout.
5. Plate as shown and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
I serve this with a tossed salad with homemade croutons and garlic bread.